There are many different reasons why people would choose to use artificial grass over a natural lawn, most of those reasons are due to the maintenance of a natural lawn, but many people have concerns about how artificial grass will look and feel after it has been installed.
Artificial grass looks identical to a natural lawn and is atheistically pleasing to look at all year round, unlike natural lawns which can become damaged during the summer and winter months, artificial grass is durable and will not change the look of its appearance all year round.
Artificial grass will also not become muddy in those winter months meaning that children and your pets can use it all year round without having to worry about treading mud through your home after they have been out in the garden area.
Although natural lawns do have some benefits, they do not always outweigh the benefits of artificial grass, especially for busy homeowners, who simply do not have the time to maintain a lawn but still want their garden to be suitable for their kids and aesthetically pleasing at the same time.
What are the Benefits of Artificial Grass?
Artificial grass is a low-cost, low-maintenance solution for your garden, that can be used to replace your existing garden grass or to make a new communal area in your garden.
It offers many benefits which can save you time so that you can spend it with your family instead of maintaining your garden grass. Artificial grass can also provide you with the following benefits:
- It can be used all year round – In the wet months of the year your artificial grass can still be used, and you won’t need to worry about it becoming damaged or getting your shoes dirty or worse your pets bringing in the mud into your home.
- Low maintenance – Artificial grass provides a low-maintenance solution for your garden and will only require cleaning in the summer months to remove dead leaves, moss, and any other material buildup.
- Durable – Artificial grass is durable and can withstand heavy footfall without losing its luxurious look and feel. Artificial grass has a 20-year lifespan which is dependent on how often the grass is walked on and the weathering of the section of the ground where artificial grass resides.
- No need for a lawn mower – You will no longer need to store a lawn mower as artificial grass doesn’t grow, meaning that you have more room to store your garden tools in your garden shed.
- Perfect for pets – Artificial grass is perfect for pets as dogs can damage your natural lawn caused by peeing leaving patches of dead grass, which makes your garden’s appearance less pleasing. Artificial grass can not be damaged by your pets and can be easily cleansed of any remains that your pets may leave behind.
If any of the above would benefit you, then artificial grass could be a perfect solution for your home. Saving your time in the summer allows you to spend more time doing the things you love.
What Are the Benefits of A Natural Lawn?
Although natural lawn has some downfalls, they do also have a wide range of benefits that can be more appealing to people and especially gardeners. Ensure that the benefits of an artificial lawn outweigh the benefits of a natural lawn before you consider making the change. Natural can also be beneficial for the following reasons:
- Air quality – A natural lawn can improve the air quality around your property and is good for the environment.
- Groundwater filters – If your property uses a groundwater pick-up for its main source of water, then a well-maintained lawn is perfect, grass is a natural filter for rainwater and will filter the rainwater as it soaks into the ground and provide your property with a purer source of water.
- Heating absorbing – Grass reduces the surface temperature considerably.
7 Tips for Choosing the Right Artificial Grass for Your Needs
If you’re considering replacing your natural lawn with artificial grass, it’s important to choose the right type that suits your needs. With so many options available on the market, it can be overwhelming to make a decision. Here are some tips for choosing the right artificial grass for your needs:
- Consider the purpose: The first step is to determine what you’ll be using your artificial lawn for. Will it be a play area for children or pets? Will it be used for outdoor entertaining or sports? The usage will help determine the type of grass you need.
- Look for quality: Not all artificial grasses are created equal. Look for a high-quality product that is durable and long-lasting.
- Check the pile height: Pile height refers to the length of the blades of grass. A shorter pile height is better suited for high-traffic areas, while longer pile heights are ideal for leisurely activities like picnics or sunbathing.
- Choose the right color: Artificial grass comes in various shades of green, so choose one that complements your home’s exterior and surrounding landscape.
- Consider drainage: Proper drainage is essential to prevent water buildup and mold growth under your artificial lawn. Make sure your chosen product has adequate drainage holes built in.
- Ask about maintenance requirements: Some types of artificial grass require more maintenance than others, such as brushing or rinsing off debris regularly. Be sure to ask about maintenance requirements before making a purchase.
- Get professional installation: To ensure proper installation and longevity of your new lawn, hire a professional installer who specializes in artificial turf installations.
Choosing artificial grass over a natural lawn has many benefits but can also negatively impact your home, especially if it’s going to take away jobs that keep you busy or make you happy, you should weigh up the pros and cons of each before committing to artificial or a natural lawn as both require different methods of upkeep.