Do you pay attention to the ingredients of the dog food when you purchase it? If not, then you’re making a mistake, especially if your loved pet often goes through stomach disorders, infections, and other types of allergies. Although there are many dog food manufacturing companies that claim to provide high-quality products, in fact, there are very few that do that.
With so many brands of dog food available, it gets confusing to choose the one that suits your dog’s dietary requirements. To choose one, you should consider some factors that indicate the quality and reliability of the dog food.
One of the ingredients to look for is animal protein. Animal protein should be the first ingredient in a dog food. Also, fruits, vegetables, and grains should not be in the processed form as they lose all the essential minerals and vitamins this way. These ingredients should be in their holistic form.
Moreover, to avoid allergies, a dog food should be free of meat byproducts, fillers, artificial flavors, preservatives, and any type of additives. A high-quality dog food should contain protein, lipids, omega fatty acids, carbohydrates, minerals, and vitamins in equal quantities.
The Taste of the Wild pet food is of premium quality as it combines the knowledge of veterinarians and pet nutritionists to formulate dog food. Following are some of the Taste of the Wild puppy food reviews that will help you choose one to feed your dog.
Best Taste of the Wild Puppy Food
1. High Prairie Puppy Formula with Roasted Bison and Roasted Venison
The TotW (Taste of the Wild) pet foods are produced according to the genes and DNA of animals, and this puppy food matches the diet of a wild wolf. The company recognizes that puppies and dogs love the taste of the wild and thus, it formulates foods based on the theories of evolution that the dog belongs to the old wolf family. This puppy food is grain-free, and it is highly nutritious, energetic, and tasty.
This food contains bison, lamb meal, sweet potatoes, egg product, peas, pea protein, potatoes, tomato pomace, roasted bison, roasted venison, flaxseed, and many more ingredients to meet the dietary requirements of a puppy. It contains 28% protein and 17% fat.
The kibble size is just right for the puppies to chew quickly and is designed for the puppies’ small mouths. These ingredients are leaning much towards what you will find in the Blue Wilderness products. This food contains real roasted meats and a blend of protein sources that boost the energy level of the puppies so that they remain active throughout the day.
It is an all-natural food that is packed with proteins and digestible fibers to make your puppy happy and healthy. The chelated minerals present in this food are essential for the puppy’s growth and development. You can feed your puppy this food according to its age, breed, and size. It is formulated specially for puppies.
- It is free of grains, corn, or soy.
- It doesn’t contain any artificial flavors, preservatives, or additives.
- It contains digestible proteins and other ingredients to make the digestion process smooth and easy for the puppy.
- It contains Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) which is a natural omega-3 fatty acid and helps in the development of the brain and the nervous system.
- The flaxseed and antioxidants keep the body healthy by strengthening the immune system and improving the coat and fur.
- The carbohydrates boost the energy level and keep the puppy active and happy throughout the day.
- The ratio of calcium to phosphorous is just right, and it provides strength to the bones and joints.
- It is expensive.
If you’re looking for an all-natural puppy food that contains no byproducts and additives, this puppy food is ideal. It provides all the necessary nutrition and energy to a puppy and meets its dietary requirements.
2. Pacific Stream Puppy Formula with Smoked Salmon
The Pacific Stream Puppy Formula is a nutritious and energetic food from Taste of the Wild. Give your beloved puppy a healthy start to its diet. It is a grain-free formula that contains a blend of nutritional content that meets the feeding requirements of a puppy. This food will provide excellent nutrition and taste to your growing puppy.
This puppy food contains salmon, ocean fish meal, potatoes, sweet potatoes, pea protein, peas, tomato pomace, smoked salmon, canola oil, salmon meal, and other healthy ingredients to support the puppy’s growing needs. It contains 27% protein, 15% fat, and 5% fiber.
The smoked salmon and salmon meal provides great taste and boosts the energy level of the puppy. The kibble is crunchy and is of the right size. It encourages the puppy to develop a habit of chewing. This puppy food also contains chelated minerals, antioxidants, beneficial digestive bacteria, protein sources, and other highly useful content to help the puppy grow at a healthy pace.
- It is grain free and doesn’t contain corn or soy.
- It is free from artificial flavors, preservatives, and additives.
- The highly digestible proteins provide a good start for the day.
- The real fish protein and omega fatty acids provide the puppy with a healthy and shiny skin.
- The fiber and probiotics ease the digestion process and improve the stool formation.
- The chelated minerals improve the nutrient absorption process and make the puppy’s body healthy and active.
- It contains a blend of berries, raspberries, and tomatoes that provide antioxidants to the body to improve the health and immune system.
- It is created to meet the AAFCO nutritional levels.
- The calcium to phosphorous ratio is 1.3:1 and is ideal for the bone structure development.
- It’s expensive.
The Pacific Stream puppy food is a sensible choice for those pet owners who want to feed their puppies with quality food. It contains smoked salmon which gives a delicious aroma to the food and makes the puppy munch on it. After feeding your puppy for some days, you’ll see a noticeable change in your puppies’ activities and the coat will also improve to a great extent.
3. Pine Forest Canine Formula with Venison and Legumes
This dog food is perfect for dogs of all ages and sizes. It is a dry dog food that contains quality and lean venison which is very digestible. The food has been formulated based on the fact that dogs belong to the ancestral wolf and they share the same characteristics.
Most puppies and dogs love the taste of the food as the company claims that ‘your dog craves a taste of the wild.’
This food contains venison, lamb meal, garbanzo beans, lentils, peas, pea protein, pea flour, tomato pomace, ocean fish meal, canola oil, blueberries, raspberries, and much more. It is a very natural product, comparable to some other brands we have discussed here and here. It contains 28% crude proteins, 15% crude fat, and 5.5% crude fiber. The kibble is of the perfect size and shape, and both puppies and adult dogs will find it easy to chew and digest.
Venison is the primary source of protein. It is grain free and doesn’t contain any preservatives or other additives. It is supplemented with fruits and vegetables that provide the probiotics and antioxidants to support a healthy immune system.
- It is rich in protein content.
- The lamb meal is concentrated and contains more protein than fresh lamb.
- Canola oil is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids which helps maintain the coat and skin.
- It contains a combination of antioxidants and dried probiotics that are present in the blueberries and raspberries.
- It includes highly nutritional content for growing puppies.
- It is suitable for dogs of all ages.
- It contains optimal amino acids.
- It includes real venison.
- It contains some amount of salt.
If you have a puppy and a dog at your place, you can feed both of them with this dry dog food. This food is affordable as well as highly nutritious. The high protein content will help the puppy and give a kick start to the day.
4. Southwest Canyon Canine Formula with Wild Boar
Feed your puppy with the unique flavor of this Taste of the Wild dog food. It is suitable for dogs of all ages and is completely grain free. It is made up of all natural ingredients such as healthy animal proteins, fruits, and vegetables to satisfy your pup’s needs. It will provide your puppy with all the necessary nutritional ingredients to make it happy and active.
It contains beef, chickpeas, lamb meal, peas, egg product, wild boar, garbanzo beans, canola oil, pea protein, brewer’s yeast, fish meal, tomato pomace, flaxseed, blueberries, tomatoes, raspberries, and lots of other nutritional ingredients. It contains 29% crude protein, 15% crude fat, and 5% crude fiber.
The fruits and vegetables will provide the puppy with all the necessary vitamins and minerals to develop an active immunity and nervous system. The wild boar adds a unique and tasty flavor so that your pet keeps munching on it.
- It is grain free.
- It doesn’t contain any filler like corn or soy.
- It is free of artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, and additives.
- It contains omega fatty acids to keep the coat shiny and healthy.
- It includes highly nutritional fruits and vegetables like raspberries, chickpeas, and peas.
- It is easy to digest as it contains fibers and digestible proteins.
- It is suitable for all ages of dogs, especially for young puppies because it gives them a kick start.
- Some cases of diarrhea have been reported.
The Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon Canine Formula with Wild Boar contains highly nutritious and beneficial ingredients to help your puppy transition into other stages smoothly. This food is packed with all the nutrients that will strengthen your puppy’s bone structure and improve the nervous system.
5. Sierra Mountain Canine Formula with Roasted Lamb
It is a grain-free formula with lamb protein, and puppies love to eat because it is flavorsome. This puppy food provides proteins and carbohydrates for active and growing puppies. TotW recognizes the needs of growing puppies and, thus, it came up with this formula.
This food delivers all the essential contents to make sure your puppy doesn’t face any allergies or sensitivities.
It contains lamb, lamb meal, sweet potatoes, peas, potatoes, egg product, roasted lamb, canola oil, tomato pomace, salmon oil, natural flavor, tomatoes, raspberries, blueberries, and a blend of other beneficial ingredients. It contains 25% crude protein, 15% crude fat, and 4% crude fiber.
The carbohydrate sources are peas, potatoes, and sweet potatoes and they tend to boost the puppy’s energy levels. It is supplemented with other healthy fruits and vegetables that provide antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to overcome the deficiencies. It also provides strength to the bones, joints, and muscles by providing an adequate amount of calcium and phosphorus.
- It is grain free.
- It doesn’t contain corn, soy, or other additives and artificial flavors.
- It is appetizing.
- It provides natural antioxidants to keep the puppy’s body healthy and improve the coat and skin.
- The probiotics ease the digestion process.
- Lamb and lamb meal are very digestible proteins.
- It is expensive.
It is a grain-free kibble and puppies love to eat it because it is easy to chew and is delicious. If your puppy has a sensitive stomach or has skin problems, you can try this food as it is free of corn, soy, or any filler material. It is very easy to digest, delicious, energetic, and nutritious.
Taste of the Wild puppy foods are healthy and natural that are packed with proteins, fats, fiber, omega fatty acids, and other nutritional content. All of these puppy foods are beneficial for your puppy’s health, but the Pine Forest Canine Formula with Venison and Legumes is the best one as it suits dogs of all ages and features a high protein content which is digestible and of good quality.
The company claims that it adds a wild flavor to its pet foods so that puppies and adult dogs love munching on it and enjoy the unique flavor.