As the world’s population becomes increasingly urbanized, the luxury home building becomes more prevalent in cities worldwide. These homes are often designed with wealthy occupants in mind, giving homeowners access to amenities that provide comfort and convenience throughout their day-to-day lives. With projections indicating that the number of people living in urban areas will continue to rise over the next decade, luxury home building is expected to grow steadily.
1. Rustic Elegance
As the demand for luxury housing rises, homeowners and architects look towards designs that reflect a more rustic and natural aesthetic. Floor plans that include living rooms with vaulted ceilings and large windows allow ample amounts of natural light to enter the home, while earth tone colors and natural materials such as stone and wood add warmth to a space.
It’s expected that the number of homes that use natural materials for both exterior and interior living spaces will increase in 2023. Some architectural news shows that modern wooden high-rise home buildings are popping up in many places. While wood has been used as a material on the interior of homes for years, it is now being used as a more predominant exterior design.
2. Modern Mixed Materials
More homeowners incorporate a mixture of traditional and modern-styled rooms into their new homes. These spaces often include open common living areas with clean lines, rich colors, simple furnishings, and more traditional private bedrooms that feature heritage design elements like wainscoting or crown molding.
In addition to creating unique floor plans, luxury home builders are also experimenting with mixed material use throughout the structure’s exterior, ranging from stucco siding with metal accent pieces to brickwork paired with glass windows.
Some of the modern mixed luxurious materials to be expected include:
- Wrought Iron Door Handles: When paired with a stone exterior, this material provides durable security along with an elegant look.
- Glass Panel Doors: These are very popular in Asian luxury homes due to their modern look. They are easy to clean and don’t become too dirty or smudged through regular use.
- Dual-pane Windows: These windows are durable and have maintained a beautiful appearance for years. They include a low-E coating that helps block out heat during the warmer months while allowing natural light.
- Porcelain Tile: This luxurious material is very hard-wearing and can be used for flooring and wall cladding. It comes in many different colors and can be used for wet and dry areas. You can check out Saturnia Travertini for some inspiration.
3. Luxurious Amenities
As luxury home building continues to rise, homeowners and architects are focused on creating spaces with enhanced amenities. Many luxury homes now include large walk-in closets perfect for clothing storage or even spare bedroom suites, while kitchens come with state-of-the-art appliances and built-in speakers.
Luxury home builders are also focused on integrating smart technology into the homeowner’s day-to-day life. Applications range from systems that can turn off lights in another housing area when motion is not detected to automated front door locks that allow homeowners to unlock their doors by simply standing in their driveway.
Some of the luxurious amenities you can expect in 2023 include:
- Laundry room appliances: Luxury home builders are designing laundry rooms with a large amount of storage and a full-size washer and dryer. Many even include a folding station or a place where homeowners can hang their clothes to dry.
- Exercise areas: These rooms often come complete with state-of-the-art exercise equipment, a large mirror for self-evaluation, and plenty of storage.
- En-suite bathroom amenities: Luxury homeowners are very popular with walk-in showers with multiple showerheads. In addition to taking a relaxing bath in the tub, many luxury homes will come with a separate toilet room so that two family members can use the facilities at once.
- Home automation: Apps and systems can control all of your lights, fans, and thermostats from the comfort of your smartphone. Homeowners will also be able to control the lighting of their homes for entertainment by creating custom scenes that ensure there are no dark or dull spaces.
4. Enhanced Security Features
Due to their size and elevated status, luxury homes increase living risks. Many new properties feature advanced security features such as remote door locks and video surveillance systems to keep occupants safe.
In addition to making a property more secure, these technologies have also become integrated into other aspects of the luxury lifestyle by allowing homeowners to monitor live feeds via their smartphones or unlock doors with a simple voice command.
Here are some of the enhanced security features that will continue to be used in 2023:
- Smart locks/doors: These are becoming very popular in luxury homes. They allow homeowners to lock and unlock their doors without worrying about carrying a key or remembering to lock the door when they leave.
- Surveillance cameras: Many luxury homeowners opt to install security cameras with motion sensors. They can be monitored via a smartphone application or are programmed to send an alert directly to the homeowner’s phone when activated.
- Electronic access gates allow people into the home without giving out keys or share codes. Instead, guests request entrance by pressing a button on a keypad and receiving a unique code allowing them to pass through the gate.
- Dedicated security room: Luxury homes often include their high-tech command center that houses the property’s surveillance system. Owners can monitor what is happening on their property at all times on a large screen.
5. Smart-home Technologies
As the growing emphasis on luxury continues, so do advancements in smart technology. Many luxury home builders have begun integrating smart features into new constructions and remodels, with rapidly evolving innovations.
In addition to controlling aspects of the property such as lighting and temperature, luxury homeowners can now control appliances through Alexa-enabled devices. This integration has also been combined with entertainment systems that allow homeowners to stream movies directly from their Amazon Fire Stick onto their televisions.
Although a luxury home doesn’t come cheap, buyers enjoy being able to retreat to a place that feels like their own private sanctuary. Luxury home builders work closely with clients to ensure that their new homes fulfill their owners’ high expectations. This typically includes devoting extra time and care to the design and finish of these properties to produce something truly special. As this market grows, buyers can expect to see more luxurious features appearing in 2023 homes.