The Moon is Earth’s only natural satellite I think we all know this but there are many facts about this Earth natural satellite that we don’t know. Let me give you a few examples, One day on the Moon lasts 29.5 Earth days? It’s true. Also, did you know the reason that a total solar eclipse is so remarkable is that the moon appears to perfectly block the sun, that is, they appear to be exactly the same size in the sky? or How about the fact the Moon is actually shaped like an egg and the large end faces towards Earth. So, here we are listing 10 bizarre and insane facts about Moon you will find hard to believe.
Facts About Moon
1. Nobody has visited Moon for the last 41 years.
2. We humans always do something Insane as we have left 96 bags of urine, vomit, and faeces on the moon.
3. 11 of the 12 men who walked on the moon were Boy scouts.
4. If Moon is not there Earth’s days would only last 6 hours. This is because Moon has actually been slowing the Earth’s spin down. Also, read about the strange secrets of the Moon
5. Neil Armstrong carried the piece of the Wright Brothers aeroplane when he stepped on the moon.
You can also read: Space Facts
6. NASA and MIT paired up to create a laser-based long distance data transfer system that provides the moon with a 19 Mbps high-speed Internet.
7. We all know that Neil Armstrong was the first man to step on the moon but did you know that Buzz Aldrin was the first man to pee on the moon. This is one of the most insane facts about the moon.
8. On the moon, your weight will be less than 17% of what you weight on Earth.
You can also read: Facts About Earth
9. If we have sent a man on the moon then we have spent the same amount of money that we have spent on finding Osama bin Laden that is roughly 10 years and $100 billion. This is one of the bizarre facts about the moon. You will also like reading about brightest objects in space that you can see with your naked eye
10. The moon’s rotation aligns almost perfectly with its rotation around the Earth, we only ever see one side of it that is the near side. The far side remains hidden. It is one of the most surprising facts about Moon that you don’t know.
11. The Earth’s tides likely caused by the gravitational pull of the Moon.
12. The lunar eclipse occurs when the Earth is between the Sun and the Moon.
13. The Soviet Union’s Luna program was the first one to send an unmanned spacecraft on the surface of the Moon in 1966.
14. The tallest mountain on the moon is the Mons Huygens. It is approximately 4700 metres tall that is half the height of Mt Everest (8848m).
15. The total average distance between the Earth and the moon is 384403 kilometres (238857 miles).
Source: Science Kids
These are the facts about Moon. Do post your comments.