Israel is one of the most densely populated nations lies on the eastern shore of the Mediterranean Sea. Israel is the only country in the world with a majority Jewish population. The state is in conflict with his neighbours since its formation. The main controversy is with Palestinians and its Arab neighbours over ownership of land. There are many facts about this controversial state that you don’t know. Let me tell you a few, Israel is very small. IF you will start running from east to west you can cover whole Israel in 2 hours. If you will run from North to South then it will take 9 days to reach from one end to another end. This one will surprise you, Israel has banned unweight models in order to prevent anorexia. This one will make you proud of the state; Israel is the first state in the world to draft women into the military. This one will surprise you, in 1963 a jar was found in Israel and it contains 2,000 years old seeds. These seeds were planted in 2005 and you will be surprised that the tree that is extinct for almost two millennium years sprouted. So, here are the 10 facts about Israel that will surprise you,
Facts About Israel
1. Arabic is the official language of Israel along with Hebrew.
2. There is a section in Jewish known as Neturei Karta which supports Palestine and they are in the favours of dismantling Israel peacefully.
3. Robert F. Kennedy, former president of United States was shot dead by a Palestinian because of his strong support for Israel.
4. The founder of Israel David Ben-Gurion was Atheist. He is the first prime minister of Israel.
5. Jerusalem was one of the oldest cities of Israel. It was attacked 52 times, captured and recaptured 44 times. Also, it was besieged 23 times.
You can also read: Facts About Newyork City
6. Anwar Sadat made Egypt the Arab nation to make peace with Israel. He has won the Nobel peace prize for this but the other cost that he has to pay is very high. Egypt was suspended from the Arab League and Anwar Sadat has been assassinated.
7. All Jewish people whose age is between 18 to 26 are entitled to a free 10 day trip to Israel. One of the most surprising facts about Israel.
8. There is a 9/11 memorial constructed in Israel made from the remains of WTC. It is totally made up of steel.
9. Prostitution is illegal in Israel yet a major portion of men and women population indulge in it.
10. All the Pakistani passport has an inscription that it is valid in all the countries around the world except Israel. One of the shocking facts about Israel-related to Pakistan.
11. The cell phone was developed in Israel.
12. Israel listed as one of the thee democracies in the world without a codified constitution. The other two are New Zealand and Britain.
13. Israel’s national airline known as El Al has set the record for the most passengers on a commercial flight with 1,088, people onboard.
14. Israel has grown world largest pepper in Moshav Ein Yahav that is listed under the Guinness Book of World Records in 2013.
15. Israel has the highest population of migrating birds (500 million birds) crossing its airspace.