India is a land of remarkable diversity, there are many things worth knowing about this beautiful country right from its ancient traditions, artistic heritage, and magnificent landscapes. There are many facts about India which you all are not aware, let me tell you few things, the world’s first garden tomb has been constructed in India. It is known as Humayun’s Tomb. It was constructed in the memory of Mughal emperor Humayun.
India is home to many oldest and ancient civilisations. Indus Valley was one o the oldest civilisations dated back to 2400 BC that has been originated in India. It is approximately 4,500 years old. This one we think most of you will agree, India has the largest number of vegetarians in the world compared to other countries in the world. India has the largest cattle population in the world and hence it is the largest milk producer in the world. The diversity of India is well acclaimed all around the world. Almost people of all major religion lives in India. India has the presence of Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, and Sikhism.
India is one of the best cricket playing nations. Also, we have the highest cricket ground in the world. It is situated in the city of Himachal Pradesh. The whole hill was levelled before it was constructed. It lies at 2,500 meters above sea level. India is also known for many martial art forms. Among the most famous is kalarippayattu, this is most important and almost all of us are aware that 0 (Zero) has been invented in India. It is one of the incredible gifts of India to the world because without it would have been impossible for making progress in Mathematics. Albert Einstein came up with his amazing theories after 0 has been defined.
Now, let me list our few more interesting facts about India that you all might want to know,
Facts About India
1. Diamonds were first mined in India and it was the world’s greatest producer. The famous Koh-I-Noor diamond was mined in India back in the 13th century.
2. The largest religious gathering in India can be seen from space. Kumbha Mela is a Hindu pilgrimage which takes people to the banks of river Ganga in every 12 years. Around 75 million people attend Kumbha Mela making it the largest pilgrimage on Earth.
3. India is home to every major world religion and doesn’t have a national language. India has the presence of Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, and Sikhism. They all have a place in Indian society. Also, India doesn’t have a single national language because 1652 dialects are spoken across the different regions.
4. The Indian Government have used scaffolding to hide the Taj Mahal when air strikes are predicted in a second world war. During the second world war and the Indian-Pakistan wars, scaffolding has been put up around the distinctive tombs of Taj Mahal to make it less obvious from above. It has been feared strikes from Japan air force during the world war. The more recent threat to Taj Mahal is the rising levels of Yamuna river which has cracked two underneath the structure. There are few predictions that tomb could collapse at any moment of time.
5. Indians invented Navigation, Yoga, the world’s cheapest car and thorium-based nuclear power. India has credits to some of the most important inventions in the world. Indians are the first to create the concept of Navigation over 6,000 years ago with the help of rivers and sea. Yoga was created 5,000 years ago and have roots in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. India is also home to the first and next generation of the thorium reactor. The country is aiming to produce its 30% of its electric power with thorium by 2050.
6. King Jai Singh of Alwar snubbed Rolls Royce in the best possible way. The Rolls Royce salesman insulted the King of Alwar in Northeast India. He visits a showroom in London and he ordered a bunch of Rolls Royce cars and gave it to the waste department of cities so they can use it to clean rubbish across the city.
7.1,000,000 Indians are Millionaires. India has one of the most dramatic wealth gaps in the world with 35% of the population living below the poverty line. The richest Indian in the world is Mukesh Ambani who has a network of 53 billion dollars.
8. The 1st account of plastic surgery was found in an ancient Sanskrit text. One of the first medical text was the Sushruta Samhita which can be dated back to the 6th century(CE). It is one of the very first examples of a medical test which discusses surgery. One of the interesting facts about India.
9. Shampoo was invented in 16th century India. Herbs and natural ingredients are used then rather than the combination of modern fragrances and chemicals.
10. You can stay at the former Indian royal residence for 88,000 dollars a night. India is home to one of the most stunning palaces in the world. The Kumarakom Lake Resort hosted Prince Charles 65th birthday and 450 years old Samode Palace in Jaipur has hosted famous faces from across the world. Also, read about the coldest places in India.
11. Indian railway is the largest employer in the world with over a million people working to run and maintain railways.
12. World’s largest school is in India called the City Montessori School situated in Lucknow that has over 45,000 inductees.
13. India is the largest producer of milk in the world that is approximately 16% of global production, followed by the United States of America, China, Pakistan, and Brazil.
14. India is home to Calculus, Trigonometry, and Algebra originated in the country.
15. India is providing software to approximately 90 countries across the world.
These are the facts about India. Do post your comments.
Source: The Fact File