One of the smallest countries in the world situated in the Caribbean Sea that is part of the North American continent. The main island of the country is known as the Isla de la Juventud and home to approximately 11.1 million people. The capital city of the country is known as Havana and has a population of 2.1 million citizens. The total area of the country is approximately 109,884 square kilometres and the official language is Spanish. Also, the country has a Roman Catholicism as an official religion and it is practised throughout the country. The national flag is a combination of blue and white strips in the background and on the left-hand side flag is a red triangle with a white star located in the middle. The country is one of the most beautiful in the world in terms of landscape and natural beauty. The video is very well shooted and compiled with the beautiful music running in the background. The country is famous among the visitors for its white sand beaches, rolling mountains, and cigars and rum. The capital of the country is Havana and it preserves much Spanish colonial architecture that dated back to the 16th-century core. So, let me tell you some facts about the beautiful Caribbean island nation Cuba that you don’t know,
Facts about Cuba
1. The country has one of the highest literacy rates around the world. They have a literacy rate of 99.8 per cent.
2. Cuba and North Korea are the only two countries around the world who don’t allow Coca-Cola to sell their products in the country.
3. Cubans were prohibited from owning cell phones until 2008.
4. The US government created a Twitter Clone for the Cuban people in 2011.
5. The average salary in the country is 471 pesos or 20 US dollars a month.
You can also watch this: Global Cooling Conspiracy
6. South Korean soap named Operas are very famous among the people of Cuba.
7. The CIA operation to invade Cuba and take down the power of Castro was named “Operation Castration.”
8. It was accused of sending weapons to North Korea in 2013.
9. Only 5% of Cubans actually have access to the uncensored, open Internet.
10. All the American needs permission from the government if they want to visit the country.
11. The Bolero, Mambo and Cha Cha dance forms are invented in Cuba and hence dance is one of the most important activities in Cuba.
12. The school is mandatory for a child between the age of 6 and 15 and all of them have to wear a uniform. Also, the colour of the uniform depicts there grade level.
13. The Cubans dolls on New Year’s Eve to forget bad times and looking forward to new and good times during the New Year.
14. El Cocodrilo os Cuba refers to the word crocodile because the aerial view of the island looks like a crocodile.
15. One of the most famous books of Ernest Hemingway was written when he was living in Cuba and called as “For Whom the Bell Tells”
These are the interesting facts about Cuba. Do post your comments.