Canada is known for its largest coastline in the world. Canada surrounded by the Arctic Ocean to the north. It is also the second-largest country in the world occupying approximately two-fifths of the continent of North America. However, the human population is very less as compared to other countries in the world. Canadians can speak two languages frequently English and French. It also reflects the positive power of Europe’s great powers.
Canada shares an 8,890 KM long border with the United States which is the longest border in the world without patrolled by military forces. It also includes Alaska. Both countries have very popular and similar kind of culture. Also, Canada is also one of the influential members of the Commonwealth. The government of Canada played a major role in the organization of French-speaking countries known as La Francophonie. Also, read about the most amazing destinations in Eastern Canada.
Canada is also known as an active member of the United Nations and has been one of the most active members since 1989. The national capital of Canada is Ottawa which also the fourth largest city in the country. This is some of the major information about the great country that you should know, now let me tell you a few important facts about Canada,
Surprising Facts About Canada
1. Canada is the world’s most educated country over half its residents have college degrees.
2. Canada has more coastline than any other country. You will be surprised to know that it approximately 202,080 Kilometres in total. Also, read about beautiful lakes in Canada.
3. Many parts of Northern Canada have lower gravity than the rest of the world. Also, read about the best places to visit in Canada.
4. Canada has the third-largest proven oil reserves in the world. Venezuela occupies the first position with the largest oil reserve in the world. Saudi Arabia holds the second position. One of the shocking facts about Canada.
5. Canadians consume more doughnuts compared to the rest of the world.
6. One of the provinces of Ontario has 250,000 lakes containing 20 percent of total freshwater. Also, Canada has more lakes than the rest of the world’s lakes combined.
7. Canada is bigger than the European Union combined.
8. Canada has some of the most beautiful National Parks in the world. Also, Canada’s national parks are bigger than in most countries.
9. Canada has the lowest recorded temperature in the world. It was -81.4 degrees Fahrenheit (-63 degree Celsius) in the year 1947.One of the shocking facts about Canada.
10. Canada is the third country in space after the United States and the USSR. Canada has the most advanced space program in 1962.
11. After Russia, Canada is the second-largest country in the world
12. The Northwest Territories of Canada have Licence plates in the shape of polar bears.
13. The Atlantic Ocean in Newfoundland, Canada sometimes where people can play hockey over it.
14. The longest street is in Canada called Yonge Street with 1,896 km or 1,178 mi.
15. The Mall of America is owned by Canadians.
These are the facts about Canada you should know. Do post your comments.
Source: Fact Slides