Are you planning a summer getaway to Taiwan this year? If yes, you have come to the right place! This guide will give you all the insider info you need before you book your hotel for your vacation in Taiwan. From the best locations to the must-try foods, this is your ultimate 2023 guide on things to know before booking a hotel in Taiwan. So, let’s get started and prepare yourself for an unforgettable adventure!
When booking a hotel in Taiwan for the year 2023, it is important to research the area of the property. Taiwan is composed of many different cities, each offering its own unique attractions and experiences. It is therefore essential that visitors understand which districts they will be staying in prior to making any bookings.
For those looking to explore the capital city of Taipei, there are numerous neighborhoods with various accommodation options available. Da’an District offers greenery and plenty of shopping malls while Qi-Bai District is renowned for its traditional markets and interesting nightlife spots. For beach goers, XIN-KUO District has several beaches that are perfect for water activities, as well as having some incredible scenic trails. Visitors can also stay nearby the iconic Taipei 101 building in XIN-YI district for a more bustling atmosphere full of shopping and entertainment venues.
Other notable destinations include Taichung which boasts a lively urban atmosphere with plenty of city parks, plus Kaohsiung City which features a variety of temples and cultural sites as well as an impressive night market scene. Travelers should also consider visiting Tainan City, home to historical sites such as Fort Zeelandia and Chihkan Tower along with a few national parks that promise lush natural views for those seeking tranquility outside the hustle and bustle urban areas.
No matter what type of environment you are looking for, Taiwan has something to offer every traveler! Knowing where you would like to stay ahead of time will help you make the most out of your visit when booking any hotel or accommodation provider in Taiwan come 2023.
Tips and Advice
Booking it can be a daunting task. From language barriers to unique cultural customs, there is much to consider before settling on a particular lodging option. To make sure your stay is as comfortable and stress-free as possible, here are some top tips and advice before you proceed with booking:
- Accommodation prices: Prices vary widely depending on the area and season you plan on visiting – it is important to research and compare multiple hotels in the same zone to get the best deal for your budget.
- Book early: Booking in advance is always recommended to secure your preferred accommodation type or choice of room. This also helps you save money if there are early bird promotions or discounts available from hotels/agencies.
- Language: Don’t worry if you can’t speak Chinese – most Taiwan accommodations provide English-speaking staff who can answer all of your questions regarding their services and amenities. However, it’s useful to know some common Mandarin greetings or phrases like ‘ni hao’.
- Rules & Regulations: Be aware of each hotel’s individual rules and regulations such as age policies (adults/children, gender) or curfews – have this information at hand when booking so that there are no surprises when you check in!
- Check-in & Check-out times: Find out information about check-in/check-out times, late arrival fees and check-in age requirements before making any reservations.
- Payment methods: Before reserving, be sure to check what payment methods are accepted at the hotel – cash or credit cards. Are there any additional fee charges for using certain payment methods?
- Amenities & Services: It’s also important to find out what kind of amenities/services are provided – Wi-Fi access? Laundry facilities? Airport shuttle service? What about breakfast options/restaurant availability? Ask for information about these services beforehand so that you’re prepared for them during your stay in Taiwan!
It’s important to consider the amenities that are offered. Depending on the type of hotel and the area where it is located, the amenities can vary greatly. Here are some of the common amenities that are found in Taiwanese hotels:
- Wi-Fi is available in most of them (free or paid). Make sure to check before you book to make sure you can get the service you require.
- Breakfast is usually included but be sure to check what time breakfast will be available and whether any extra charges may apply.
- They often have a swimming pool and some offer day passes for guests who don’t wish to stay overnight.
- Their restaurants usually serve international cuisine, but prices can vary widely depending on where you stay.
- Fitness facilities such as a gym or spa services may also be offered by some of them.
- Room service is widely available at most hotels but there may be additional costs associated with this service.
- Laundry services are usually offered at an additional cost or as part of a package deal. Be sure to read all hotel description details before booking any deals or packages related to laundry services in order to know exactly what will be provided and what extra charges may apply.
There are plenty of ways to help you decide which hotel to stay in when traveling to Taiwan. Reading customer reviews and ratings can provide you with a good source of information about hotels in the area. Customer reviews can inform you about the quality of service, the cleanliness of rooms and bathrooms, the comfort level of beds and furniture, amenities at the hotel, costs compared to similar hotels nearby, and the overall value for money.
You should also look out for customer ratings when deciding on your accommodation in Taiwan. This can provide a more detailed understanding of what other customers think about each hotel, with ratings providing insight into different areas such as comfort and value for money. This information helps you compare several hotels and make an informed decision on where best to spend your hard-earned money.
Furthermore, reading through customer reviews is a great way to better understand all elements associated with a particular hotel; from parking options and breakfast quality to how helpful hotel staff was during their stay.