When it comes to planning summer trips, teens often have a lot of questions. Where should they go? What kind of activities should they do? And how can they make the most of their time away from home? Fortunately, we’ve got you covered. We’ll also offer advice on packing, budgeting, and more. So whether you’re looking for a fun trip with your friends or a unique new experience abroad, look no further!
Best Places to Travel in the Summer
As a teenager, you’re probably itching to explore the world. But where should your next overseas trip be? Whether you’re looking for a relaxing beach getaway or something a little more adrenaline-pumping, these destinations are perfect summer trips for teens.
1. Greece is known for its beautiful beaches and lush green landscape, making it the perfect spot to relax and soak up some sun. Not to mention, Athens is home to some of the best nightlife in Europe. If you want some adventure, head out to Pafos or Mykonos for thrilling cliff diving and snorkeling adventures respectively.
2. Spain has plenty of charming historical cities that are worth exploring, like Barcelona and Seville. Plus, there are plenty of otherworldly attractions like Granada’s Alcazar palace and Valencia’s golden beaches that await you here as well. If you want to party hard, head down to Malaga Beach for some of the biggest nightlife in the country.
3. If you’re looking for an adventure outside of the traditional tourist spots, Mexico is definitely the place for you! In addition to stunningly beautiful landscapes (like Cancun and Puerto Vallarta), Mexico has some of the most unique cultures on earth waiting to be explored – like Mayan ruins in Yucatan or enjoying a Day of the Dead parade in Mexico City. Alternatively, hit up PVG Resort Club Maya Palace for a day of luxury pampering.
4. Peru is a country full of incredible culture and history, with some of the most stunning natural landscapes in the world. You can explore Peru’s capital city Lima or head out to the Andes for an adventure on one of Peru’s many mountaintops. If you’re looking for something more relaxed, consider heading to the beaches of Cuzco or Machu Picchu.
5. Thailand is a country that’s full of surprises – from its vibrant markets to its stunning temples and landscapes. There’s something for everyone here, whether you want to explore the lively city centers or relax on the beaches of Hua Hin or Ko Phangan. Plus, Bangkok is one of the most welcoming and exciting cities in Asia, perfect for exploring all that this amazing country has to offer.
Best Teen Travel Programs
Summer travel can be the best time to explore a new city or country. But it can also be tough to find the right program for your teen. Here are five of the best teen travel programs:
The Abroad Advantage is a 10-week summer program that sends high school juniors and seniors from around the U.S. to study abroad in exciting destinations like Florence, Rome, Paris, and London. The program includes tuition, room and board, round-trip airfare and health insurance.
The Explorer Trust offers an all-inclusive 10-day trip to Machu Picchu in Peru only for teens ages 16–18 years old who have completed at least one semester at high school. Trip costs include airfare, accommodations, all meals, entrance fees, and more. The Explorer Trust also offers smaller trips throughout the year that are not as expensive but still provide valuable cultural experiences.
Highlights USA takes participants on 10-day trips throughout the U.S., with activities ranging from hiking in Yosemite National Park to kayaking on Lake Michigan. Each trip is packed with educational opportunities about American history, culture, and wildlife – perfect for teens who want to learn more about their home country while they’re traveling!
Scouting has been providing young people with outdoor adventure programming since 1910 and has developed some of the best summer camps in America – like Exploring Tomorrow’s World in Atascadero Canyon near Santa Barbara – that offer overnight camping trips for teens.
The World Travel & Adventure Show is the largest travel trade show in North America, and it offers scholarships for high school seniors to attend its three-day event. Applicants must submit an application essay, letters of recommendation, and a resume detailing their travel goals and interests.
What to Pack When You Go on a Trip
1) Sunscreen: Even if it’s just for your face, sunscreen is essential when traveling in the summer. Make sure to bring along a variety of brands and SPF levels to protect all skin types.
2) Towel: Summertime can be hot and humid, so make sure to pack plenty of towels for yourself and your friends. Also, keep some spare towels in your car for afternoons at the pool or beaches.
3) Insect repellent: Whether you’re spending weeks on the beach or just a few days camping, bug spray can come in handy. Bring both DEET-based repellents as well as products with natural ingredients like citronella oil.
4) First-aid kit: When something unexpected happens while on vacation (like getting bit by a snake!), it can be helpful to have basic supplies like pain relief medication, antibacterial ointment, and bandages on hand.
5) Cellphone charger: Forget about trying to find an outlet – bring along an extra battery charger so you can stay connected while on the go.
6) Cash: No matter where you go, it can be useful to have some cash on hand in case you need to buy something off the street or at a local market.
7) Snacks: Who says you have to give up your favorite summer snacks when you travel? Bring along some easy-to-eat snacks like trail mix, fruit, and granola bars.
8) Entertainment: Whether you’re looking for a good book to take with you on your trip or want to catch some live music while in town, having some entertainment options on hand can be helpful.
9) Portable water filter: Even if the water is safe to drink, it can still be helpful to pack a portable water filter just in case. This will eliminate any potential bacteria or virus risks.
10) A travel journal: Writing down your thoughts and experiences while away can be helpful for recalling them later when you’re ready to write a full account of your trip.
Summertime is the perfect time to explore new places. Whether you’re in the mood for a beach vacation or want to take a trip up north and see some of the beautiful scenery, we’ve got you covered. We’ve put together a list of some of our favorite places to travel in the summer, and whether you’re looking for land, sea, or snow-covered destinations, we think you’ll find something on this list that interests you. So pack your bags and get ready to go!