If you’re a frequent flyer you know that packing is possibly the worst part of any trip. Thinking about how much clothing, footwear, and cosmetics you need is not only boring but often it is stressful too. Some people like to bring a ton of things to their trip, others like to pack light. If you fall into the second category, then you probably do a lot of laundry in a hotel sink.
For short trips, buying a small pack of detergent can get the job done. However, if you plan on spending a few weeks on the road a simple detergent pack won’t cut it. For longer trips, you want something that will last you a little bit longer. For these situations, laundry soap is your best choice. Now, let’s see what are some of the things you should pay extra attention to when buying laundry soap.
Choosing the Best Travel Laundry Soap 2022
When you’re picking laundry soap for travel, you have two options:
- Liquid soap
- Solid soap
Your choice depends on your needs. Liquid soap will last you longer and help you remove some hard stains while solid soap is easier to carry and is much cheaper. If you opt for liquid laundry soap, make sure that the bottle has a tight sealing lid that will prevent any spillage.
Our recommendation is to goa with solid soap because you will not have to worry about getting through customs at the airport. Moreover, a laundry soap bar will work as a good stain remover when you get back home. Also, if possible, you should buy a multipurpose soap.
You can find a soap that works as a hand-washer, stain remover, as well as a poison ivy remedy. What’s more, make sure that your soap is good with colored clothes and delicate materials. You don’t want to buy laundry soap that will damage the fabric of your shirt/pants and destroy it
How to Pack a Travel Laundry Soap
If you’re traveling with a soap bar in your luggage, don’t just toss the bar in your bag. Instead, invest in a reusable container. Since there aren’t any laundry soap containers, you can buy a standard plastic soap container. As long as it keeps your soap from getting all over other items, you’re all good. Here are some additional tips for carrying travel laundry soaps:
- Buy a large soap bar and cut it down into smaller pieces to create multiple travel-friendly soaps
- If you have sensitive hands make sure to try your laundry soap before you go on the road
- If you’re carrying liquid laundry soap, put it in a metal container to ensure it doesn’t get damaged during the trip and destroys your clothes
Laundry Tips for Frequent Travelers
Now that you know how to pick a travel soap, what else do you need to know about washing clothes on the go? Here are a few recommendations:
- Pack as many clothes made out of synthetic fabrics as possible if you want to save time on drying your clothes
- Although most people wash their clothes in the hotel’s sink, its best to do your laundry in the bathtub if your room has one
- Always carry a sink stopper – more commonly known as the drain plug – in case your room doesn’t have one
- When washing by hand, don’t use too much soap, as hand washing leaves small pieces of residue sticking to your clothes
We hope you found our article helpful and that you will be able to find the best travel laundry soap for your needs after reading this article.