We all are experiencing climate change, right? but instead of taking a step forward to protect it, we are just discussing the consequences. Now, it’s time, we need to pledge within our self that somehow by taking small steps we need to protect our environment. We all can contribute in many ways like saving energy, making a habit of reading newspapers online. This will save a lot of paper and hence our trees. There are many ways by which you decrease your carbon footprint. Most of you must be thinking what is Carbon Footprint? Carbon footprint is a term defined as the total sets of greenhouse gas emissions due to an organisation, event, product or individual. The more these kinds of gases will be released in the environment the more our environment will be degraded.
Let me tell you few ways by which you can decrease your carbon footprint, the first and the most primary is to plant a tree. This is the most positive thing you can do it for your nature. It will not only give you shade and oxygen but also consume carbon dioxide at the same time. Secondly, In this era of booming technology, make it a habit of reading newspapers online. This will help us in saving a lot of papers and hence trees. Thirdly, always you can try to buy energy saving devices. You can judge whether the device is energy efficient or not by looking at the star logo. Lastly, always try to use public transport, by doing so you will be saving a lot of energy and gas.
World Environment Day began in 1972. People from all around the world participated in many ways. They organised many events and aware people against wildlife crime and replanting forests. The theme of World Environment Day 2017 is “Connecting People to Nature”. The idea is very simple we need to come forward and join hands for our Nature. We need it to convert it into a movement where every at least realises the importance of trees, wildlife, and Nature. We all need to change our lifestyle up to a certain extent to provide little oxygen from our side to Nature.
World Environment Day: 10 Small Ways to Save And Help Conserve The Planet Earth
1. Be very vigilant when you are using water. These small changes in you can help us in saving one of the necessities of life. Example, every time you are turning off the water, you are doing something for to protect nature.
2. Leave your car at home. Always prefer public transport whenever possible. You will be saving a lot of money as well as gas.
3. Try avoiding black trash bags as these bags cannot be recycled. A better option using white trash bags and a perfect option is that do not use any one of them.
4. Stop smoking.
5. If you don’t really need a car please don’t buy a car. Motor vehicles contribute a good half of air pollution. Better you can walk or bicycle.
6. If you see any kind of black smoke coming out of chimneys, directly report it to the air pollution board.
7. Drink tap or filtered water, not bottled.
8. Turn off TVs and stereos instead of switching them to standby.
9. Buy from companies with eco-friendly policies. Boycott others!
10. Less shopaholic you are more you can save time and money for the planet.