The video is just unbelievable! I am sure we all have experienced lightning strikes happening in Space by standing on the grounds of Earth but can you imagine how it looks like if you see lightning from space? Now we have the view of that also and it’s simply stunning. Tim Peake a British astronaut is on a 6 – month mission on the International Space Station. The 34 seconds lightning video went viral over the internet in a lapse of two days.
The astronaut has written on the social networking sites that “Amazing how much it can strike our planet in a short time,”. Space is incredibly so large and it looks so much stunning from the International Space Station. Thanks to the astronaut for sharing the video but before you watch the video let me tell you the interesting facts about lightning. When it strikes the ground than either the earth crust absorbs it or trees explode or some animal or even human being can die. So, here the facts about lightning that I am sure you don’t know,
Facts About Lightning
1. The strikes can explode a tree.
2. There is one place in the South American lake where it strikes at a rate of hundreds of times per hour.
3. When it strikes the sand and rock the extreme heat generated can fuse the minerals deep inside the earth crust into a tube called fulgurite.
4. People often thing that it never strikes the same place again but the fact is that it can strike the same place repeatedly. It mostly falls on the tall, pointy and isolated object.
5. People also believe that it will electrify the body and who so ever will them he or she will be electrocuted but the fact is that the human body does not store electricity. It is perfectly safe to touch the storm victim, at first sight, to give them first aid. Surprised!
6. It is also believed that you are completely safe from the storm when you are inside the house. The facts are that you are completely safe inside the house if you are not using anything that conducts electricity.
7. It is also believed that structures with metal or metal on the body attract strikes but the facts are that the presence of metal is nothing to do it with the strikes.
8. The people became the victim of the strikes because they do not seek shelter when it starts so go for some safe place as soon as a thunderstorm starts.
9. It is also believed that standing inside the tree will make you dry and safe from thunderstorm but the fact is that standing underneath the tree is one of the main reasons about increasing casualties.
10. It is believed that rubber tires of the car will protect you from the thunderstorm but the fact is that the metal parts of the car that will be safe during the strikes, not the rubber tires.
Now, watch the video and do share with your friends.
VIDEO: What Lightning Looks Like From Space. Unbelievable!
— Tim Peake (@astro_timpeake) February 9, 2016
You can also watch: Global Cooling