Norway is one of the most beautiful and peaceful countries around the world. Nature has gifted beautiful landscape to the country. Let me tell you something about the country, the country is officially known as the Kingdom of Norway. The country has a very long eastern border with Sweden. Norway is a Scandinavian country encompassing mountains, glaciers, and deep coastal areas. The capital of the country of Oslo and it is one of the greenest cities in the world with museums and with open air historic buildings. The country is also known for skiing, hiking, and fishing. These are the very normal information but there are many facts about the country that you don’t know. Let me give you few examples, Norway’s monarch has been titled as “Norway’s King” rather than “King of Norway” to show that he belongs to the country, not country belongs to him. Also, Norway actually introduced Japan to salmon sushi in the 80s. There are many interesting facts about the country. So, here we are listing 10 interesting facts about Norway you don’t know.
Facts About Norway You Don’t Know
1. Norway has been ranked one in 2014 for prosperity index for wealth and well being.
2. All the prisoners in Norway have internet in their cells. Now this one is cool.
3. All the Norway’s public university are free for a student from anywhere from the world.
4. King Herald of Norway vowed to remain unmarried for life unless he could marry his true love, the daughter of a cloth merchant. She became the Queen of Norway.
Image Source: Wikimedia Commons
5. Norway will be the first country to turn off FM radio in 2017 and switch completely too digital.
You can also read: Facts About Hawaii
6. Norway owns an inhabited frozen island located halfway between Africa and Antarctica.
7. Only 10 police officers have been killed since Second World War.
8. In 2008, Norway donated one billion Dollar to save the Amazon Rainforest.
9. Norway is ranked as the country least likely to be affected by the climatic change.One of the most amazing facts about Norway.
10. Norway has the world’s highest gas prices at 10.12 dollar a gallon of premium gas.
You can also read: Ancient Egyptian Pyramids