Ancient Egyptian Pyramids was one of the oldest structures in the world. They lived nearly 5,000 years ago and they are considered to be the one of the most civilised civilisation. They built the amazing structures known as pyramids. I am sure that you heard many things about pyramids and there are many unknown facts that you don’t know about these incredible structures. In simple terms, pyramids are the places where the Pharaohs called the Ancient Egyptian kings were buried. Pyramid of Djoser is the oldest cut structure in Egypt and one of the oldest structures in the world. The Egyptian method of art, architecture and also the burial methods is always an object of fascination for the world. The pyramids are built so efficiently that they even exist today.
So, here we are listing 10 fascinating facts about the ancient Egypt pyramids you should know.
Facts About the Ancient Egyptian Pyramids You Should Know
1. There are so many researchers who relate Egyptian Pyramids with hieroglyphics but the fact is that there have been no writing or in single term hieroglyphics not found inside the Great Pyramid of Giza.
2. There are many researchers who believe that the ancient Egyptian Pyramids were built by the slaves or prisoners but the fact is that they are actually built by the paid workers.
3. The incredible structure was built so efficiently that they still exist today, but have you thought what will be the reason behind it? They are actually been built by the special material called unique mortar which is even stronger than the stone. We still don’t know what exactly it was made from.
4. Each Egyptian Pyramids would have been taken approximately 200 years to build that gives the clear indication that there is not one but multiple pyramids have been built at the same time. We also want you to read about most fascinating Tombs and Mausoleum in the World.
5. The Pyramid of Cheops has been built to face north. It is the most accurately build a structure around the world that has been facing north. The pyramid has been built millions of years ago but still, it faces with North with a minimal error that is because of the shifting of North Pole.
6. It is very hard to determine the weight of the pyramid but we believe on approximations than the Pyramid of Cheops weighs around 6 million tonnes. You can also read about historical and precious monuments destroyed by war.
7. The unique fact of the Egyptian Pyramids is that whatever will be the temperatures outside the internal temperature off the pyramid remain constant around 20 degrees Celsius.
8. The pyramids of Egypt can be seen from the mountains of Israel and even from the moon because of the casing stones covering the entire pyramid. You should also know about most famous monuments of Ancient Egypt.
9. The whole Egyptian Pyramids were covered with casing stones. These casing stone are made up of highly polished white limestone. The uniqueness of the stone is that they reflect the sunlight and the pyramids shine like a jewel.
10. During the construction of Great Pyramid of Giza, it is believed that the 2,300,000 stone blocks have been used and it weighs around 2 to 30 tonnes. Some blocks even weigh 50 tonnes.