The video showing world’s second largest tree named giant Sequoia is just amazing. The tree is considered to be 3200 years old. It is located in Sequoia National Park. The tree is 247 feet in height and with very wider trunks. The view from the top of the tree is just amazing as you will see in the video. The tree belongs to the family Cupressaceae and native to Sierra Nevada Mountains in California. Giant Sequoia is the largest species on the planet and was discovered in the 19th century. It is also one of the endangered species because of the deforestation and special target by the loggers. There are still many facts related to this huge tree that you don’t know. Let me list that for you before you watch the amazing video of the huge tree. This tree can be seen in the United States forest. The country listed among the largest forest area in the world.
Facts About Tree Giant Sequoia
1. It can grow up to 164 to 279 feet in height and 20 to 26 feet in diameter.
2. Giant Sequoia can be only grown on specific soil named alluvial soil and also a specific climatic condition is required for their reproduction. It is also one of reasons why the tree is endangered.
3. The branches of the tree will o only grow on the upper part of the tree making a shape of rounded crown.
4. There are unique green cones develop at the age of 12 years on tree and it remain closed until the age of 20 years till the tree reaches maturity.
5. The tree produces 60 million seeds in its lifetime but the fact is that only 3 or 4 seeds out of these will grow in to a full-fledged tree.
6. The oldest known sequoia tree is 3,200+ years old. The exact age of the tree can be determined by counting the total number of rings on the tree.
7. The tree is protected by the special kind of tannin it produces while growing and sequoia seeds are almost pure tannin.
8. The bark of the tree is resistant to fire and you can see traces of the forest fire on many trees but they are healthy beneath the surface.
9. The wood of the tree is not meant for the construction industry because they are brittle in nature. They can be used for fence posts and toothpicks.
10. The biggest specimens of the giant sequoia are known as General Sherman, General Grant, President, Lincoln, Stag and Bole.
VIDEO: The Worlds Second Largest Tree Giant Sequoia is Amazing
Just enjoy the below video and do share with your friends and family
You can also watch this: VIDEO: Most Incredible Volcanic Eruption video ever shot