A carbon footprint can be defined as the total sets of greenhouse gas emissions due to an organization, event, product or individual. The more these kinds of gases will be released in the environment the more our environment will be degraded. There are many ways by which you can reduce these gases as an individual if you follow the things that are given below. In short, we can use less energy and indirectly we are saving our environment Let me give you few examples, Kindly unplug your charger when you are not using it because we have the data from the US Department of Energy that appliances consume a significant amount of electricity even when they are switched off. Secondly, if you a have even use the top shelf of the oven because the heating mechanism is usually happening from the bottom but the top self is consistently hotter. It will, of course, cook your food little faster and hence save energy. Always prefer Laptops over desktops because laptops consume 80% less energy than a desktop. So, here are 10 ways to reduce your carbon footprint in the environment.
10 Ways To Reduce Your Carbon Footprint in Environment
1. The most positive thing you can do for the environment has planted a tree. We all did this in our elementary school and this is also the most efficient way to save our environment. We all know the reason that tree will not only provide you shade and oxygen but also they will consume carbon dioxide gas at the same time.
2. In the era of growing technology make your habit of reading newspapers online. This will save a lot of paper and hence our trees.
3. Kindly use ceiling fans instead of air conditioning. It will decrease a ton in CO2 emissions.
Also Read: Top 10 Pros And Cons Of Nuclear Energy
4. Always try to buy energy efficient devices. There are many ways by which you can judge whether the device is energy efficient or not. You can see the energy star logo that is given on all the devices. This is one of the best ways to reduce your carbon footprint in the environment.
5. Try using rechargeable batteries. By doing this you can save 1,000 pounds off of your carbon footprint by the time the batteries die for good.
6. Always prefer train when you are travelling on the same continent. By doing this you are saving a lot of money and gas.
7. Start using carpooling and using public transport. Try to use your car as less as you can. If you really need it though, there are websites out there that will help you find a ride. This is also a very nice step that you can take in order to reduce your carbon footprint.
8. Try avoiding black trash bags as these bags cannot be recycled. A better option using white trash bags and a perfect option is that do not use any one of them.
9. Replace your light bulbs with CFL bulbs because CFL (compact fluorescent) bulbs can last up to 15 times longer and use up to 8o% less energy than regular light bulbs.
10. When you are driving try shift gears sooner. It will help you in saving some of the gas because the engine is maintaining a higher speed without any hard work.
You can also read: Tree Houses From Around the World