Humans are very curious and due to this curiosity we have invented many things and solved many mysterious of the world. Earth has seen many generations of the humans and all of them have contributed to solving the mysteries and creating also. Let me give you few examples; there is a small town Taos in New Mexico and in this town, people often hears the sound of the distant diesel engine. The mystery is that the sound can be very easily heard with the naked ears, but it can’t be detected by any sound devices. There is still no clue that how this sound is created. So, here we are listing top 10 unexplored mysteries of the world.
Unexplored Mysteries of the world
1. Georgia Guidestones
The Georgia Guidestones is a monument made up of granite and located in Elbert County, Georgia of United States. There are few things that you should know about this monument:
- It is a series of stones containing text in eight modern languages and also a short message at the top of the monument which is written in ancient language scripts.
It is also known as ‘American Stonehenge’.
- The mystery about the monument is that no one knows who built this and for what purpose it was built?When you look at the monument and start reading, you will find 8 languages in a sequence that is English, Spanish, Swahili, Sanskrit, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian. The message is very clearly written and is not encrypted.
- According to many conspiracy theories, it is said that it is a message from a Luciferian secret society.
The monument is 5.87 metres tall having six granite slabs weighing approximately 237,746 pounds. One slap is in the centre, and four other are placed around it.
- A capstone is situated at the top.It is the highest point in Elbert County and can be seen clearly from Georgia Highway 77.
2. Nazca Lines
The Nazca Lines are some of the most magnificent geoglyphs that we found on Earth. It is found in Nazca Desert of southern Peru.
- It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1994.
- According to the scholars, the Nazca Lines has been created by the Nazca culture between 500 BC and 500 AD.
- There are many figures that have been drawn including spiders, hummingbird, monkeys, fish, sharks, lizards, and orcas.
- The mystery is that how the people of Nazca culture can do such magnificent artwork because at that time it is believed they have nothing to view their ability from the air.
- The people of Nazca culture first removed the red stones covering the ground so that the whitish earth should be visible and then they draw the one of the magnificent and perfect artwork that we haven’t seen before.
- The wind doesn’t blow in southern Peru, and that is the main reason how these lines are naturally preserved today.
3. Bermuda Triangle
The triangle is located between the points of Miami, Bermuda, and Puerto Rico. It is also known as Devil’s Triangle because a large number of ships and aircraft has been disappeared under unusual circumstances.
- According to the pilots and captain, the instrument goes out of control while they are passing from this region. The result is that lots of ships and aircraft have been lost at sea. There are many theories from gas bubbles to aliens, but it is still one of the mysteries of the world.
- US Navy don’t believe in this triangle, and also, the name is not recognised by the US Board on Geographic Names.
4. Voynich Manuscript
The Voynich Manuscript was written in a language that no one has able to understand till now. The only idea anyone can make about its origin by the drawings appear on the different pages of the manuscript.
- There are around 240 pages in the book. Some of the pages are also missing.
- It is named after the Polish dealer Wilfred Voynich who purchased the book in 1912. It is believed that the book is written in early 15th century and language of the book is still unknown. It is also one of the mysterious of the World that no one can explain.
- The manuscript has been read by many American and British scholars, but one has succeeded to analyse the text.
5. Zodiac Killer
Zodiac Killer is a name given to the serial killer who used to operate in North California in between the 1960s and 1970s. There are many mysteries of the world which are unsolved are related to the murder. This is also one of the most famous and unsolved murder mysteries that still exist today.
- He used to send the mock letter to the press. He calls himself ‘Zodiac’ in that letter which also includes four cryptograms.
- Many decades have been passed but still we could decode only one of the cryptograms. There are enormous efforts by the men but still the murder mystery, and the ciphers have never been decoded.
- The serial killer has been originated by the nickname ‘Zodiac’ in 7th August 1969.The California Department of Justice has continued to file an open case on the Zodiac numbers since 1969.
You can also read: Top 10 Most Fascinating Tombs And Mausoleum in The World
Kryptos is a sculpture made by the American artist Jim Sanborn. It is located outside the Central Intelligence Agency in Virginia. The purpose of creating the sculpture is to show that everything can be solved with the use of patterns and clues.
- The three inscription in the sculpture has been solved, but the fourth inscription is still one of the mysteries of the world. The brilliant minds of the world are still not able to solve it.
- The sculpture is made up of four large copper plates and all the other elements in the sculpture mostly made up of red and green granite. Also, quartz and petrified wood have been used.
- The name Kryptos has been derived from the Greek word ‘hidden’ which is very much apt to the theme of the sculpture that is intelligence gathering.
7. The Salish Sea human foots
- There are certain human feet that have been discovered on the Coast of Salish Sea in British Columbia, Canada and Washington. These footprints are visible since 20th August 2007.
- It is believed that the feet belong to the five men and one woman. There are also three other footprints that belong to the people of unknown sex.There are 15-foot prints out of which five feet of people has been identified till February 2012. It is still one of the mysteries of the world whom the rest of the feet belong.
- There are 15-foot prints out of which five feet of people has been identified till February 2012. It is still one of the mysteries of the world whom the rest of the feet belong.There are speculations that the feet may be of those people who have died in the boating accident or a plane crash.
8. Taos Hum
Taos Hum is a small town in New Mexico. In this town people often hear the sound of the distant diesel engine.
- The mystery is that the sound can be very easily heard with the naked ears, but it can’t be detected by any sound devices.
- This is known as Taos Hum and till now no one knows how this sound is being created.
- It is also unclear that whether it is a single phenomenon.
9. Jack the Ripper
- Jack the Ripper is a nickname given to an unidentified serial killer who operates in Whitechapel district of London. He killed 11 women around this district but never identified.
- The name originated from the letter written by someone claiming to be the murderer but later it was believed that it is a hoax. The letter is written by a journalist who wants to increase his newspaper circulation by highlighting this story.
Jack the Ripper originated in 1888.
- The victims he killed are generally women prostitutes. The bodies were disfigured, and their throats slashed. The murder is still one of the mysteries of the world that no one has been able to solve till now.
10. Area 51
Area 51 is a remote facility owned by United States Air Force. According to the Central Intelligence Agency, the correct names of the facility are Homey Airport and Groom Lake. It is also called by the names ‘Dreamland’, ‘Paradise Ranch’, ‘Home Base’ and ‘Watertown’.
- There are many rumours and conspiracy theories related to the UFO sightings at Area 51.
- It is located in Nevada and all the research going at this place is termed as ‘Top Secret’.
- The base current primary purpose is still unknown, but there is certain evidence that supports the development of secret weapons at this place. They are also termed as ‘Black Projects’. There are many theories but still it is one of the mysteries of the world.
You can also read: 10 Historical And Precious Monuments Destroyed By War