We know that you have seen many animals in your life and have idea also which animal you should stay away from and which animal to love. There are many scenarios that even most innocent looking animal is the most deadly animal and even most dangerous one will not hurt you. Let me few examples that even cute animals can be the most dangerous one. What about puffer fish? They are one of the most beautiful of all the fishes in the world but at the same time it is one of the most deadly animals alive. So, here we are listing 10 most dangerous animals in the world.
Dangerous Animals in the World
It is one of the smallest animals in the world but at the same time one of the most dangerous animals in the world. There are few things which you should definitely know about this small looking deadliest animal.
- Mosquitoes are small flies that come under the family Culicidae.
- They are responsible of transmitting deadly diseases to 700 million people those results in to 3 million deaths annually.
- The loss of blood is very rare but the saliva of the mosquito that causes rash is very irritating.
- They are responsible for transmitting many diseases like malaria, yellow fever, Chikungunya, west Nile virus, dengue fever, filariasis, Zika virus and other arboviruses.
- The oldest known mosquito is Canadian amber from the Cretaceous which was known 79 million year old. It is one of the dangerous animals in the world.
Image Source: hypescience.com
2. Deathstalker Scorpion
Deathstalker is a species of scorpion that comes under Buthidae family. They are known with various names like Palestine yellow scorpion, Omdurman scorpion and Naqab desert scorpion.
- They are mostly found in desert regions of North America and Middle East.
- Deathstalker Scorpion is responsible for 75 percent of deaths that are caused by the scorpions on Earth.
- Deathstalker is the most dangerous form of scorpion.
- The yellow scorpion that is the most deadly one can grow up to 77 millimetres in length.
- The sting of the Deathstalker Scorpion is extremely painful. The people affected with heart condition and those who are allergic are at much greater risk. It is one of the deadly animals in the world.
Image Source: bioweb.uwlax.edu
3. African Elephant
African Elephant are also one of the most dangerous animals in the world. Elephants are the world largest land mammal though they are very calm and composed but African Elephant have somewhat different kind of nature. There are few strange animals that are only found in Africa.
- They are known for their aggressive nature. They can grow up to 4 metres tall and weighs around 5.5 tons.
- They are known for destroying the whole village and also capable of killing even a rhinoceros.
- African Elephant have two known species African bush elephant and the smaller one is called African forest elephant.
- They belong to the family genus Loxodonta. Bush elephants are the largest living terrestrial animals and the forest animals are third largest in the world.
- Elephants are vegetarian so would not attack humans for blood but African Elephants are one of the deadly animals in the world because of the staggering strength and power. They can also run at a speed of 25miles/hour.
Image Source: www.nationofchange.org
4. Saltwater Crocodile
Saltwater Crocodile also known as estuarine crocodile and Indo-Pacific crocodile are known for eating everything from water buffalo to sharks that comes in to his territory.
- They use the technique known as ‘death roll’ for killing. In this technique the animal which is hunted made very aggressively flips in to the water until it drowns.
- They are the largest living reptiles in the world. Also, Saltwater Crocodile are the terrestrial and riparian predator in the world. Hence they are one of the deadly animals in the world.
- The male crocodile can grow up to 6.7 metre and weighs around 1,360 Kg. The female species are much smaller and can grow up to 3 metre only.
- As the name suggests they can even survive in saltwater but mostly found in the deltas, lagoons and lower stretches of rivers.
- They are capable of killing almost any animal that enters its territory whether it is fish or other predators such as sharks, mammals and humans. This is the reason they are one of the most dangerous animals in the world.
Image Source: en.wikipedia.org
5. Africanized bee
Africanized bee has been originated by cross breading African bees with European bees. The idea of cross breading is to produce more honey. They have been kept in the restricted place but 26 large group of bees escaped in 1957.
- Africanized bee is also known as killer bees.
- They have been spread out in South and Central America. They also arrived in North America in 1985.
- Africanized bee are known for defensive behaviour and always found in dense groups.
- They are more aggressive than regular bees and this is one of the reasons considered to be one of the dangerous animals in the world.
- Africanized bee is also spelled as Africanised honey bees.
Image Source: brookerpestcontrol.com
You can also read: Top 10 Most Intelligent And Smartest Animals in The World
6. Great White Shark
Great White Shark is very common marine animals and found in oceans around the world. They are very large in size and can grow up to 6.4 metres and weigh around 3324 kilograms.
- White Shark has killed many humans in water than any other water species. This is the reason they are one of the most dangerous animals in the world.
- Great White Shark usually found in clays and they attack with surprise and that too with a great speed. They usually hunt in morning.
- They are also known by the names great white, white pointer and white shark.
- White Shark reaches its maturity in 15 years and has a whopping lifespan of 70 years. They are longest-lived cartilaginous fish currently known.
- They don’t have any predators except the killer whale.
Image Source: southernsharkecologygroup.com
Hippopotamus are mostly found in Africa and that too in the areas of south Sahara desert. They are the third largest living mammal in the world.
- They are very unpredictable and aggressive. This makes Hippopotamus as one of the most dangerous animals in the world.
- Hippopotamus are plant eaters but they are also known to attack and kill people without being provoked.
- They have short legs but still they can run up to 30 km/hour. It also weighs around 1500 kilograms.
- After elephant and rhinoceros, Hippopotamus are third largest land mammal in the world.
- Hippopotamus are known for their wide opening mouths and barrel-shaped torsos.
8. Komodo Dragon
Komodo dragon is known for eating anything from birds, mammals, buffaloes and the most important part is that they also dig up bodies from shallow graves. These are the reasons why they come under 10 most dangerous animals in the world.
- They are also known as Komodo monitor and mostly found in Indonesian islands of Komodo, Rinca, Flores, Gili Motang, and Padar.
- Komodo Dragon comes under monitor lizard family Varanidae. They are also the largest living species of lizard. They can grow up to 3 metre and weighs around 70 Kilograms.
- They only have to eat once a month.
- They dominate the ecosystem in they live in because of their large size.
- They love eating deer and also carrion. They also attack humans in the areas of the Indonesia in which they live in. It is the reason why it is one of the most deadly animals in the world.
9. African buffalo
The African buffalo is one of the most dangerous animals in the world. They are known for killing more people in Africa than any other animal. They are one of the most deadly animals for humans because they kill more than 200 people annually by trampling them. They also attack without being provoked. There are few strange animals that are only found in Africa.
- They are mostly found in forest areas of Central and West Africa.
- They are large animal that can grow up to 1.7 metres tall. They also weigh up to 900 kilograms.
- African buffalo are very dangerous to humans.
- They also attack without being provoked.
- African buffalo have few predators but they are very much capable of defending themselves.
Boomslang is a venomous snake that belongs to the family Colubridae. Boomslang is one of the most dangerous animals in the world because they are hemotoxic that disables blood clotting.
- They generally don’t attack humans but when they do then they are deadliest one. It has hemotoxic that directly attacks blood clotting.
- The victim slowly dies as it will bleed from every pore in their body.
- The eyes of the snake are exceptionally large and the head has an egg-like shape.
- They are green in colour with black blue edges on the body.
- Boomslang is native and restricted to Sub-Saharan Africa.
You can also read: Top 10 Colour Changing Animals Around the World