There are many famous explorers who shows there dedication and will in order to prove there point. Have you ever thought why so many inventions are made? The answer is very simple we human beings are very curious about knowing things and exploring them. There many such events which you can take from history that truly defines the curiosity among human beings. There are few that I can give you like people used to sail across oceans, we have the curiosity to climb mountains and the list goes on. The positive aspect is that this curiosity played a very major role in human development.
If we go back in the past people used to explore oceans and discover new places and now they are termed as famous explorers. Now Humans have become so much smart that we are exploring things deep inside the Ocean and also the whole sky which at that time people never dreamt of. So, here we are listing the 10 interesting facts about exploration that you need to know.
Interesting Facts About Famous Explorers That You Need To Know
- While exploring the Antarctic, One of the explorers got gangrene and frostbite during an expedition. He knows that the life of his mate is in danger so he walked out of the cold and never returned back.
Image Source: phys.org
- When James Cook reached Hawaii for the first time the locals thought that he is God. However, when they saw the boat has been destroyed by the storm which they takes as an offence. They then killed the James and ate him. He is one of the famous explorers in the world.
Image Source: nickfox.wordpress.com
- A Dutch explorer Abel Tasman who discovered New Zealand and Tasmania but he completely missed Australia.
Image Source: miriadna.com
- A Scottish explorer David Douglas died in Hawaii. The reason is that he has fallen in to the pit and the bull who crushed him also fallen into the same pit. These kinds of absurd things also happened to the to the famous explorers.
Image Source: www.oregonlive.com
- The Greek explorer named Pytheas was the first person to discover the polar ice caps and the midnight sun. He was also the first person who suggested that the tides where caused by the moon. This is one of the greatest achievement by any famous explorers around the world.
Image Source: www.happycow.net
You can also read: 10 Facts About Antarctica You didn’t Know
- A French explorer Michael Siffre in 1962 has spent 2 months buried beneath a glacier in total darkness just to show humans have an internal biological clock.
Image Source: afflictor.com
- When Amerigo Vespucci reached Venezuela and saw how the people have elevated their houses which are very similar to Venice. That is how Venezuela got its name. It is also called Little Venice.
Image Source: en.wikipedia.org
- Columbus ship captain named Rodrigo de Triana was the first one who discovered land but later on Columbus claimed that he already saw the land several hours before. The King Ferdinand gave him lifetime pension as a reward.
Image Source: picturesimagesclipart.com
- Along with the Disappointment Mountain, Australia is also a home to the Lake Disappointment. It was named by the explorer since he is searching for the fresh water and after several attempts he founded a lake that is full of salt water. This shows the dedication of the famous explorers.
Image Source: en.wikipedia.org
- Richard Francis Burton was an English explorer who spoke more than 40 languages. He once snuck into Mecca in disguise and also translated the Kama Sutra into English.
Image Source: http://40.media.tumblr.com/
You will also Read: 10 Fascinating Facts About the Ancient Egypt Pyramids You Should Know