This one is the most incredible volcanic eruption video ever shot. The Video shows the volcanic eruption happened on 27th August 2015. The Kīlauea volcano erupted in Hawaii. It has erupted at two locations east rift zone of Kīlauea and west rift zone of Kīlauea. The area is not at all accessible to the public. Kīlauea volcano is the most young and active volcano of the Hawaii region. It is located southern part of the Island of Hawaii known as Big Island.
The volcano was also erupted in 1983. It is the most active of the five volcanoes that together form the island of Hawaii. Let me tell you amazing volcano facts that probably you don’t know.
Facts About Volcanic Eruption
1. The biggest volcanic eruption ever recorded was the explosion of Mount Tambora on Sumbawa Island of Indonesia.
2. During the volcanic eruption of Mount Pinatubo, the gas and other particles has been increased so much in the atmosphere that it decreases the global temperature by 0.5 degrees Celsius or 0.9 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. One of the most active volcanoes on planet Earth Hawaii’s Kilauea volcano has been erupting continuously from past 29 years starting from 3rd January 1983.
4. The largest volcanoes on planet Earth are shield volcanoes. They have gentle slopes which have been structured by the fluid basalt lavas.
5. The world’s largest volcano is Mauna Loa volcano. It has a height of 13,677 feet above the sea level. The total height of the volcano is 28,000 feet from the Ocean floor.
6. According to the U.S. Geological Survey, Japan and Indonesia has the highest number of active volcanoes. United States ranks third in the list of active volcanoes. The survey also says that about 1500 volcanoes have been erupted in the past 10,000 years. The 10 percent of the total eruption happened in United States.
7. During the volcanic eruption of St. Helens in 1980, the volcano has produced approximately 540 million tons of ash. The area it covered was 57,000 square kilometres.
8. There are numerous mild eruptions in the Italy’s Stromboli Volcano. They are very frequent and lava fountaining with emissions of gas, ash and volcanic bombs.
9. There is a special type of glass named called Pele’s hair produced in the Hawaiian volcanoes. It was named after Pele since he was considered as the Hawaiian goddess of volcanoes.
10. The Modern Humans has never seen a supervolcano eruption. The most recent supervolcano eruption happened in Indonesia about 74,000 years ago.
You can also watch: VIDEO: The Worlds Second Largest Tree Giant Sequoia is Amazing